Product DescriptionI have created this art journaling for mental health course to help recovery although it is also appropriate as a course of art journaling for beginners. Mental health is so important and art journaling can produce a state of mental relaxation through creativity that helps the mind to heal.
DISCLAIMER: it is NOT meant to replace medical treatment but to support recovery. Always talk to your Dr about any issues you encounter.
- Supplies Introduction – has a look at some supplies that are useful for mixed media art journaling.
- Session 1 – Letting go and moving on. This session is about taking stock of where you are and deciding what you want to lose and what you want to keep.
- Session 2 – What are you? Here we celebrate the things that define us using handdrawn type.
- Session 3 – Who do you love? We all have loved ones, whether they are family, friends or furry friends. Here we honour them.
- Session 4 – What are other people saying? Sometimes other people can be a source of great distress. Here we use humour to put things in perspective.
Techniques include collage, using layers, watercolour tricks, inky splotches and washi tape shapes. I provide a list of supplies and where you can buy them on Amazon, although you could get most from a store like Hobbycraft or The Range. I also provide downloads with templates to help you create the spreads but I encourage you to create your own if you are happy doing that.