I named this course ‘Playing with Paint’ because playing with paint is a very accessible way to benefit from the therapeutic effects of art. To blend paint on the page, you don’t need a great deal of drawing ability to achieve a result that is pleasing. The process itself is intensely tactile and that is satisfying in itself. I show 3 different spreads that include this technique to encourage you to try it for yourself.
- Course Intro – explains what each session holds and provides some resources that you may find useful
- Session 1 – A Safe Space. We do a meditation that is visually oriented and leaves us with inspiration for a spread using paint, inks, oil pastels and collage.
- Session 2 – Random Acts of Kindness. We think about nice things strangers have done for us or vice versa and make a graphical spread using a tracing technique.
- Session 3 – A Gift I Would Love to Give. What would you do and for who if money was no object? We explore prompt sticks and have fun with paint on the page.
- Session 4 – A Dream. We revisit a dream we have had in an abstracted way, including fabric textures.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.