There are many more mixed media artists around nowadays working innovatively with mixed media. Here are some inspiring artists to help you enliven your work:
- Tamara Laporte – Willowing Arts works with many media like acrylic markers, water soluble crayons, acrylic, collage, gel pens. Creates whimsical female and animal characters.
- Jane Davenport uses watercolours, acrylics, pastels, alcohol markers, and more. Produces colourful images of girls/women in a fashion style she has made her own
- Phyllis Bramson has studied and taught art in depth and produces whimsical and fantastical works.
- Ana Teresa BarbosaIncorporates threads and string with digital photography and other natural objects
- Tracy Bautista is a very inspiring artist who uses mixed media to create beautiful, colourful art. She had also written a number of books which are well worth buying, being full of tips and ideas for making art.
- Kelly Puissegur uses mixed media to create hilarious art.
As you can see mixed media artist is a broad term and covers many different types of art from the whimsical to the serious to the outrageous. Try a google search to see what other mixed media artists are out there …. can you get inspiration from them? I would love to hear, in the comments, about any you have found to be unusual, inspiring or simply art to die for.
Hugs, Ceri xx